Last updated: January 23, 2019
Information We Collect
We generally collect the following information:
- Information you share directly with us. We collect and process your information when you use the Heal Application to request a Visit, create an account, login to the account, complete surveys, comment on articles, use messaging features, synchronize the Heal Application with other third-parties (for example, synchronization with the Apple Health application) and contact Customer Support. This information can generally be categorized as Registration Information, Self-Reported Information, and/or User Content.
How We Use Information
We generally process Personal Information, for the following reasons:
- To provide our Services. We process Personal Information in order to provide Heal’s Services, which includes the creation of customer accounts and authenticating logins, communication with you, facilitating communications (including requests for Visits) between users and the medical professionals responsible for providing care, providing users with access to their health information, processing payments, and billing users’ insurance carriers.
- To analyze and improve our Services. We constantly work to improve and provide new tools and Services. For example, we are constantly working to improve Heal’s Applications. We may also need to fix bugs or issues, analyze use of our website or Heal’s Application to improve the customer experience or assess our marketing campaigns.
Sharing Your Information
- When you give us your consent to do so, including if we notify you on Heal’s Application that the information you provide will be shared in a particular manner and you provide such information.
- To your treating medical professional(s) responsible for providing the requested medical services.
- To third party payors who are financially responsible, or are reasonably believed to be financially responsible, for the medical services.
- With contracted vendors, contractors, consultants, and other service providers who are working on our behalf and who require access to your information to carry out their work for us.
Data from Apple Clinical Health Records API or the Apple Health (HealthKit) application
When you grant Heal permission to access data gathered through Apple’s Clinical Health Records API or through synchronization with the Apple Health application:
- We do share your data with Heal Doctors or medical professionals for your treatment and improving health management.
- We do not use your data for advertising, marketing, research, or other use-based data mining purposes.
- We do not disclose your data to third parties for advertising, marketing, research, or other use-based data mining purposes.
- We have adopted commercially reasonable information security policies and practices to help protect your information, but please note that no method of transmitting or storing electronic data is ever completely secure.